- Begin in early February so that you have plenty of time to revisit businesses when managers/owners are away.
- Keep track of businesses you are visiting with your business list, found in your Campaign Package. Be sure to have managers sign their names before providing them with the stickers.
- Regularly visit your BrainLove Partner Businesses to see how they are doing and provide them with more stickers if necessary.
- Write your name clearly in the white box provided on each business instruction sheet and campaign brochure.
- Hand out all of the campaign brochures and hang all your posters – this is a great opportunity to raise awareness about brain injuries.
- Be sure to thank every business for becoming a BrainLove Partner. Do not be upset if you are turned down. You are doing great work for your community!
- Canvassing does not need to be an independent venture. It should be fun and social, so consider gathering together a group of Royal Purple Members to canvas local businesses – You can even involve future members to teach them about volunteering and helping their communities.
- Keep your campaign package with you at all times – You never know when you might run into a store owner/manager and have the opportunity to talk about BrainLove.